[pmmail-list] PMMSend function in PMMail/2000?

Lueko Willms pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 23:23:42 +0100 (MEZ)

On Wed, 23 Jan 2002 12:53:10 +0100, Dr. Martin R. Hadam wrote:

> >Or I've never used PMMSent and did not know it interfaces with the sent mail
> >folder of PMMail. Either use BLAT or hope BSW takes your hint to port that
> >program, I guess.
>
>  You probably don't want to use pmmsend on any sort of serious batch
> email (been there, done that) just because of the involvement of the
> folders in pmmail.

   That largely depends on what you want to accomplish. If you want
all your mail be administered in this program PMMail, you will want
to use PMMsend.exe, if you don't want it, you will use something
else, like SENDMAIL, which is part of the OS/2 delivery.

   PMMsend has another advantage over BLAT e.g., i.e. it does not
require a TCP/IP connection to your SMTP-server being active at the
time of the program's execution; it will simply put it into PMMail's
send queues, and leave it to PMMail or the PMMail user to actually
submit it to some mail server for sending.

   I do definitely want to have a program like PMMsend.exe in the
Windows version of PMMail, too, as I have already stated a long time
ago.

Yours,
Lüko Willms
Frankfurt/Main