[pmmail-list] Update from Peter Nielsen

Brian Morrison pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 25 Jan 2002 13:55:12

On Fri, 25 Jan 2002 06:37:23 -0500 (EST), Gregory L. Marx wrote:

>On Fri, 25 Jan 2002 07:06:41, Paul Hodges wrote:
>
>I wonder if Peter's efforts are being directed at the Win32 code only ???
>Or if he's re-writing everything including the OS/2 version ...
>
>I figure if he's redoing ALL the code then maybe the OS/2 version will
>achieve some semblance of parity with the Win32 version ...

I believe that the code is common in many areas, that was certainly
Southsoft's intention. In the light of Peter's comments I presume that
as many of the changes he will make are likely to be in this shared
code it will be possible to have both.

Aaargh! Just read Trevor's post about separate code bases. I wonder why
BoB and Ike used to refer to the shared code so often then. Much as I
liked talking to them, I'm beginning to wonder just how good their code
actually is, it seems that all the problems I've suffered over the
years with PMMail might be grounded in that area.

              do you know how far this has gone?
               just how damaged have I become?
                                      'Even Deeper' by Nine Inch Nails