[pmmail-list] Search function broken in latest beta

John Swartzentruber pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 25 Jan 2002 13:09:08 -0500

On Fri, 25 Jan 2002 12:58:04 -0500, Clint wrote:

>I just tried several message searches using the latest beta and it failed to find any
>message containing the word(s) I was looking for :(. I searched for words known to exist
>and came up with nothing! It didn't even seem to really perform a search (no hard drive
>activity). I then went back to the older version and tried a search...the hard disk whirred
>and came up with messages containing the search criteria.

I see this as well. I right clicked on my PMMail folder and searched
for "forthcoming" in the entire message. It found nothing, even though
there is a message from Gene with that word. I then changed the search
to only search the body. In that case, it found every message in the
folder, even though Gene's message appears to be the only one that
contains it.

Jimmy (or Trevor): could you please confirm that this bug is logged so
that we don't need to pester Peter directly? Thanks.