[pmmail-list] Update from Peter Nielsen

Gregory L. Marx pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 25 Jan 2002 14:22:21 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 25 Jan 2002 19:39:57 +0100, Dr. Martin R. Hadam wrote:

I'm not sure any of that matters ...
Bottom line is that we are in a BAD situation with regard to software ISVs ...

Which is that there aren't any !!!  (for all intents and purposes)
So IMO if we want BSW to guarantee a new PMMail for OS/2 ... say a version 3 ... then it is up to us to show them we mean business ...
I know that this goes 100% contrary to the typical rules of business but IMO we need to do something ... We're dying here ...

Personally I think we ought to approach Bob St. John of Serenity Systems and float this idea to him ...
See if he would be the go-between on approaching Thomas Bradford ... eCS stands to loose as well if the few remaining ISVs stop supporting
OS/2 technology based operating systems ... Which is how eCS is positioned ...

Who knows ???

Maybe if Bob lays a check for 75 ~ 80 thousand dollars on Thomas' desk he'll get his attention ...
Afterall, other than PMMail what is there ???  Polarbear Mail & Emerald Mail (java based) and ICE/2 ...

I'm open for suggestions ...
Greg