[pmmail-list] Search function broken in latest beta

Wayne Dunham pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 26 Jan 2002 12:12:44 -0500

On Fri, 25 Jan 2002 13:40:36 -0500, Allan McLane wrote:

>Confirming this here too, PMMail 2000 Professional (2.20.2402) For Windows 2000 (5.0.2195;2)
>
>--allan
>
>On Fri, 25 Jan 2002 12:58:04 -0500, Clint wrote:
>
>>Hi all,
>>
>>I just tried several message searches using the latest beta and it failed to find any
>>message containing the word(s) I was looking for :(. I searched for words known to exist
>>and came up with nothing! It didn't even seem to really perform a search (no hard drive
>>activity). I then went back to the older version and tried a search...the hard disk whirred
>>and came up with messages containing the search criteria.

  I tried this yesterday when I installed the latest Beta.  My FIRST
search gave disk activity, but I suspect that the string I entered to
search wasn't in any of my messages.  Subsequent searches got no disk
activity and an immediate stop of the search with the "Find" button
un-greying.  I tried closing PMMail and restarting it, and then even
the first search got nothing.

  A system reboot got me back with my initial search giving disk
activity and a positive return on my search (put in a string I knew
would have some hits this time).  As in my first set of tests
subsequent searches would stop immediately after hitting the "Find"
button with no actual searching going on no matter what search criteria
I entered.

     Wayne Dunham
     waynedunham@email.com