[pmmail-list] Us XP Morons

Gregory L. Marx pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 26 Jan 2002 19:47:21 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 26 Jan 2002 17:07:25 -0700, Dave in Phoenix wrote:

Just because you are NOT a game-playing moron doesn't mean that XP wasn't designed (interface-wise) for morons ...

I too use XP (sparingly) but don't consider myself a moron ... An ELITEIST ???  Absolutely ... I know computers (and apparently you do as
well) and believe that like cars, there are certain minimum requirements one must meet in order to drive ... Like how to check the tires for a
flat, where exactly to put gas into the tank ... Maybe even know how to check and see if the oil is low ... All those "things" are understood by
everyone to be necessary to operate a car ... Doesn't mean you need to be a automotive engineer but rather you know some basics of how
to keep up your car ...

Now ... when I say today's XP-users are morons I'm talking about that they don't have a CLUE how a system operates ...
What a EXE file is ... a directory ... How to format a floppy ... Without AUTORUN.EXE they can't install an application ...
(all that stuff that is needed to operate a computer properly) Do you see the comparison to operating a car ???

And IMO the default UI in XP only helps to further their ignorance ... I too turn it off first thing, but how long do you think it will be before we
don't have that option anymore ???  The next release ???  The one after that ???  I promise you MS isn't going to keep the CLASSIC UI
available for too much longer ... Instead they will lead the ignorant masses to what they conceive of is a wonderful UI ...

The Windows Experience ...

You call it bias ...
I say there's alot of "emperors" running around naked ...

Greg