[pmmail-list] PmMail for windows. Draft folder problem.

Robert Traynor (BobT) pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 01 Feb 2002 05:22:11 +1100

Hi,

I have developed a problem in the Windows version 2.20.2402.

The problem is when I save a message and it goes to the Drafts folder.
If I attempt to open the message in Drafts, PmMail complains that the "file is
corrupt or that PmMail has lost track of the message and I should try running
a Reindex of the Drafts folder".

Well, reindexing does not help and my only recourse was to boot into os2
and open and send the message from the os2 version.
Of course the os2 version worked perfectly with no error messages at all.

I was running the latest beta and have reverted to the earlier beta v2.20.2380.
Or at least I thought I had reverted.  I just checked the Help\About and although I
had reinstalled the earlier version, I am still at version 2.20.2402.

So I renamed the current PmMail directory, purged the Win98se registry and
reinstalled the older beta v2.20.2380.

Next I carefully merged the 2 directories with the happy result that I now
have a functioning PmMail for Windows.
I have checked my Os/2 version and there is no problem in PmMail/2.

So although my problem is now gone, solved by the re-installing of
the previous version to a separate directory and merging the files,
two questions remain.

1. Why did the reinstall over the top of the  2.20.2402 not
    install  v2.20.2380.?

2. What the hell happened with the Drafts folder in the first place.?

I have been trying to send this query for several days.
[And thanks to Jimmy, for sorting out my subscription to this list.]

Curious.
Robert Traynor (BobT).
1 February 2002   5:19

   ,-._|\       Robert Traynor        (BobT)
 /  Oz  \      email            rtraynor@netstra.com.au
 \_,--.x/