[pmmail-list] crashed and confused mail folders

Cary Renquist pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 10 Jul 2002 20:15:52 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 10 Jul 2002 21:59:06 -0500, Hazen Woods wrote:

>Is there any chance that the lost messages actually exist somewhere?
>In partial answer, I guess, I see that the number of files in a given
>folder is the same as the number of messages shown for that folder
>(plus the INI ,  BAG and EXP files), so they would have to be somewhere
>else.
Yep, the number of .msg files should equal the number of messages reported
by PMmail.

You can probably try re-indexing some of the other folders...
If they were downloaded from the server they should be there somewhere --
when I had the folder problems I did not lose any messages.  However, I
do seem to recall having to re-index some folders.

Good luck,
Cary