[pmmail-list] Cleaning the Message base

Kari Suomela pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 14 Jul 2002 13:48:14 -0500

Sunday July 14 2002 14:10, Reinhard Forster wrote to All:

 RF> In ancient times, when Fido ruled the world, there used to be some
 RF> utilities to keep the message base in a reasonable size. This was
 RF> done
 RF> by deleting messages older than a given number of days or by
 RF> limiting
 RF> the number of messages in an area (aka folder) by deleting the
 RF> oldest

I still use that technology to handle all mailing lists and newsgroups,
since I havent't found anything even close to the same functionality in
the "modern" software.

Outlook (Express) has a feature to delete messages older than a certain
date from the *server*, but that is not the same as Fido's offline
feature, which deals with local message bases.

 KS

   KARICO Business Services
   Toronto, ON Canada
   http://www.karico.ca