[pmmail-list] Spell Checker Problem

Ralph Cohen pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 15:18:36 -0400

I've got a strange problem with the spell checker using recent PMMail
Windows betas.  Until recently, I accessed my PMMail message base
across my LAN and everything worked fine.  However, I recently set up a
new Win2k system and decided to move the message base to its local hard
drive and everything works fine except for the spell checker.  When I
start to spell check, the CPU pegs at 100 percent and checking proceeds
at a v-e-r-y slow pace.  When I reset the parameters to once again
access the files across the network, the problem disappears.  I've
uninstalled and reinstalled the program a couple of times but without
any change.  The only thing non-standard about my installation is that
I use the 'Start in' parameter in the Properties settings to point to
the message and tools files on a different drive on the same system.
This is exactly what I did to point to the message files when they were
on a different system on the LAN so I don't think that's the cause.
Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Ralph Cohen