[pmmail-list] what happens when loose isp connection on long send?

PMMail 2000 Support pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 12:42:42 -0400

On Mon, 22 Jul 2002 10:30:02 -0400, Mike Kilroy wrote:

>Does anyone know what happens when we loose our isp connection after beginning a large attachement send? Ie., I attach a 5mb file to an email, press send. PmMail nowadays attaches the file, pops the email into the outgoing folder for about 3 seconds, then moves it to sent folder.

FWIW, I have not been able to repeat this on three different machines,
none of which are running Windows 98, but all with 2.20.2502 Standard.

First question, are you using any other software (ie. MailWasher,
Anti-Virus software, etc.) that would actually be sending the message?
I know for a fact that Norton Anti-virus sends outgoing messages if it
is installed, so 3 seconds to send to your local AV software's server
would not be out of the ordinary. Once the other software has it in
it's mail queue, PMMail will consider the message as sent, therefore
the message is put into the Sent folder.

This is the most likely cause, but may not be the only reason this
happens. Let me know if you are sure that there is no other software
installed that may be intercepting outgoing traffic on your system.

Thanks,
Brandon King, PMMail 2000 Technical Support
support@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
http://www.pmmail2000.com