[pmmail-list] hyper-text?

Tim Roberts pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 16:38:50 -0700

On Wed, 24 Jul 2002 19:08:09 -0400 (EDT), Jerry Prather wrote:

>Next, I'd like to point out that I am on a good many e-mail
>lists which have a significant non-US membership.  Many of
>these people don't have an unlimited hours-per-month ISP,
>they pay by bandwidth used.  To impose HTML on these people
>is like telemarketers calling cell phones.

...which is why most mailing list software forwards the text/plain sections.

However, you are arguing against the GENERATION of HTML e-mail.  That's not the
issue here.  I don't advocate "imposing" HTML on anyone.  But the stuff exists,
and will continue to exist.  The issue is the PRESENTATION of that HTML e-mail.

--
- Tim Roberts, timr@probo.com
  Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.