[pmmail-list] hyper-text?

Jerry Prather pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 07:52:08 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 24 Jul 2002 19:32:28 -0600, Martin Moran wrote:

>Saying that implies that HTML must necessarily mean graphics.  It
>usually does not.
>
>The bandwidth overhead to download a minimal number of extra characters
>for HTML formatting is itself miniscule.

Have you ever looked at a raw HTML message?  One of those
that gets composed in Composer or Outlook?  It makes our
signatures look puny in comparison.  Once I was trying to
find out just a little of what an HTML e-mail was about.  I
had to scroll through three screens full of HTML headers,
formatters, etc. before I got to any real text.  That did
_not_ include graphics.  I don't call that miniscule.  (And
notice that I just emphasized a word without using bold
characters.)  And I can't imagine why any company would
need HTML e-mail unless they're spamming.

HTML e-mail is rude, crude, and unattractive.

Jerry

--
Jerry Prather                   prather@exis.net
Virginia Beach, VA

"Many religions are worth dying for; none are worth killing for."
				- Me, circa 1998