[pmmail-list] 3 things, I suppose

PMMail 2000 Support pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 11:35:00 -0400

On Wed, 24 Jul 2002 21:11:25 -0700 (PDT), Steve Wendt wrote:

>Overload your bandwidth, so that PMMail gets timeouts.  Then you will see it.

I have been unable to reproduce with the latest build I received from
Peter 2 days ago, on Windows. This has not been updated in the OS/2
code at this time, which leads to your next post....

>>It looks like the beta released this week (likely v2.30 due to the number
>>of changes/fixes) will be the final beta for PMMail 2000 and the next release
>>will be the final build of PMMail 2000. This of course is barring any
>
>Any fixes that would apply to the OS/2 version?  If so, will it be updated?

I am sure some of the issues that are resolved do exist in the OS/2
version. The problem is that the OS/2 code has not seen the significant
changes that the Windows code has. From my posting to this list Wed, 08
May 2002 "Bug List for PMMail Beta":

>It is my understanding that Peter will address OS/2 issues when
>possible (his determination). His focus is to complete updating the
>source code of the Windows version to C++ so that he can use wxWindows
>(see www.wxWindows.org) to port PMMail to other platforms, OS/2 being
>one of those platforms, this way any updates will apply to all
>platforms.
>Due to other projects and time restrictions, this is the method that he
>has chosen to most effectively move forward with PMMail development.

There have been no changes in this focus and we are still working
towards that goal.

>>Once we have made a final release of PMMail 2000 and Peter begins to use the
>>wxWindows interface and tools, we will know more about how HTML will be
>>implemented in the next version, but this is still at least a month or two
>
>I assume it will be using the wxHTML rendering?

Yes, to the best of my knowledge, that is the control that wxWindows
uses to render HTML. As I said, we have not begun working with
wxWindows at this time, and until we are  and see how things are going
to work I can't say that there will not be any changes. Lots of things
can change in 2 months, especially with a very active open source API
such as wxWindows.

Brandon King
brandonk@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
http://www.blueprintsoftwareworks.com