[pmmail-list] hyper-text?

John Thompson pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 20:22:14 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 25 Jul 2002, Martin Moran wrote:

> How many HTML messages do you get a day?  Counting the
> extra characters, and the extra download time, even at 56k, does it
> REALLY make all that much difference.  I'm not arguing that it doesn't
> make a difference - I'm just saying it doesn't make much of one,
> considering.

Every bit counts, especially at 56k or less!  But as I've said before,
virtually all html email I get is spam, and the most annoying thing
is that more than once my mailbox has filled to the point where legitimate
mail is bounced.  If all I got were plain text, that type of event would
be even more rare.  This is a legitimate concern as I head out for a week
on the road with no access to my email.

-John (John.Thompson@attglobal.net)