[pmmail-list] PMMail 2000 Windows Beta

Tim Roberts pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 09:42:32 -0700

On  Fri, 26 Jul 2002 21:12:29 -0400, Michael Rowe wrote:

>Thanks... I did that and the message behaves no differently...  I can show
>the message here:.  There is no difference between the check mark and no
>check mark.

>From: "Tori Amos" <toriamosemail@yahoo.com>
>To: "Tori Amos Fan" <mrowe03@attglobal.net>
>Subject: NEW TORI AMOS SONG!!
>Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 19:42:33 -0700

The mail headers tell the story here.  This message has exactly one part: an
HTML part.  When most mailers send an HTML message, the top-level headers have
Content-Type multipart/alternative, followed by one part of type text/plain and
one part of type text/html.  The new PMMail switch will force it to show the
text/plain part in a multipart/alternative message instead of the text/html
part.  It can't do anything about messages that only have one part.

--
- Tim Roberts, timr@probo.com
  Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.