[pmmail-list] what to do about deleted groups

Marty Rimpau pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 22:15:05 -0700

Hello, in case someone else is having trouble with their groups being
deleted, here's what to do: in the blueprint software works file, in
c:\program files, go to tools, and open up the groups file folder, and
go to the group, or groups you have created, and change the extension
to .txt from .grp, and open up an editor such as note pad, and from the
open dialog, navigate to the groups folder, and the group or groups
you've created, once they are open, you can copy the members list, and
then create a new group with the same name, and paste the members list
in, and your groups should be re-created.  Hope they fix it so that
groups don't get deleted with new sucessive versions of pm mail.  I
will shut down, and when I re-start, later, I hope the new groups I've
created will still be there, as they weren't, and it was thought that
reverting back to pm mail version 2502 would fix the problem, but it
didn't.  Just thought you'd like to know about this.
Marty