[pmmail-list] Link to latest beta.

Marty Rimpau pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 23:15:29 -0700

Hi, not sure if this will work, but I copied yesterday's message and
will paste it below.
ok,  I think Peter hit all of the problems, minus APOP and dial-up
connection issues. APOP was not reproducable and he said that he double
checked the code and couldn't find anything that would cause a problem.
His suggestion was to attempt creating a "dummy" account with the same
login information to verfiy that the login would not function with a
newly created account.INI. Outside of this, I guess we need specifics
on server types and exact error messages, any help is appreciated...

As for dial-up, we were unable to get a modem hooked up today, but I
don't think this will be a problem for tomorrow. Hopefully we will be
able to reproduce right away and have a fix out ASAP.

As for what is working:

FIXED - Add Sender to Address Book crash
Use Tools->Add Sender to Address Book from a message window and PMMail
crashes

FIXED - I have not seen if address books created under 2577 are
affected, as always backup that Tools folder. Even if the files were
not showing
in the address book manager, there should be a file in the Groups
folder
for each group you had created, it would contain the information about
those
that were in the address group so that you can recreate.
Address Groups disappear after restart
Address Groups created in 2577 disappear after restarting PMMail, but
they are still present in the Tools\Groups folder...

NEED more user input, unable to reproduce or locate any problems in
code -
APOP authentication
Receive using APOP generates error in log:  ERR bad password or unknown
username ; This is  the error that resulted from the APOP command

FIXED - Result of the Duplicate message fix, now resolved though
Message sticks in Outbox
With Send Immediately OFF, focus on Outbox, after sending the message
is still displayed in the outbox until you take focus away from the
Outbox

Likely will not be fixed, literally no feasable way around this one
Preview Pane display and AB Properties
open address book properties menu, preview pane looses functionality

This actually never worked before, to my knowledge, and Peter has
found no solution to make this work, so the colum headers were set
 to style NOSORTHEADERS, conflicting parameters from two different
tasks using the same window.
Search results not sorted
use of message list headings to sort search results is not functioning
in both address and message searches

FIXED - If you had this problem, delete the semi-colons that are
present
and they will not reappear
Semi-colon appended to file path in Filter window
Semi-colon is appended to the end of filepath in filter actions

FIXED - Peter reset the Sent folder so that it will default to the To:
Name
and To: Address as before, remember, if you change the listing
while in the sent folder, it will show the from header, but once you
exit the folder and reenter, it will be reset
Sent Folder not displaying correct fields
Send folder does not retain To Name: field when it is removed from
other folders.

FIXED - Was a result of earlier changes to correct the addition of
multiple
addresses from an address book by filters
Unbalanced quotes in filters
Filters with an exclamation point or ampersand in quotes generate a
"Filter Definition Error" dialog with contents of (3)Error - Unbalanced
quotes in filter!

For those with a good backup, you can download this beta if you think
it fixes the issue that concerned you. Again, I have only worked with
this for an hour, but it has run flawlessly with what I have put it
through. The links for downloading BETA 2.20.2578 are:

Professional
http://www.pmmail2000.com/betas/PMMail2kPro2202578.exe

and

Standard