[pmmail-list] Unsubcribing

Kenn Yuill pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 2 Jun 2002 13:45:33 -0400

** Reply to message from "Richard Grevers" <dramatic@xtra.co.nz> on
Thu, 30 May 2002 11:39:35 +1200

Hello Richard,

  It is too bad that the list-server is not set up to include the
"List-Unsubscribe" entry, so that anyone could reply to a message and
be able to select the correct address to " unsubscribe".  Based on what
I see in the header for Yahoo! Groups, I presume that it would be
something like
so that the body of the message is ignored and the address in "From:"
is processed.
  Also, I believe that "List-Subscribe:" can be used as well, so that
anyone can use an old message to subscribe by replying to a message as
above.
  This would mean 2 extra lines in the header plus 1 in the footer,
e.g. "Subscribe/Unsubscribe by replying & choosing appropriate
address", versus the current 8 lines used in the footer of every
message.
JART.

__________________ Original Message Below __________________

Since three people have unsuccessfully tried to unsubscribe by sending an
unsubscribe message to the wrong address (the list itself) in the past couple
of days, it is probably worth pointing out that the unsubscribe address is
the one listed in the footer of every message: mdaemon@bmtmicro.com

Ciao,
       Kenn
  Always act as if life is a joyous journey.
    Kenn Yuill      Warp 4.5      IBM Java 1.18
      Polarbar Team Tester      IceStorm Browser

	 -  A Thought for Today  -   02 Jun 2002

Computers are like Old Testament gods; lots of rules and no mercy.
  - Joseph Campbell