[pmmail-list] Invoking PMMail/2 from Mozilla

Sorin Srbu pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 10 Jun 2002 09:48:50 +0200

On Sat, 08 Jun 2002 15:51:55 +0200 (CDT), Simon Wright wrote:

>>>Now the registry entry in win2k points to the program directory
>>>instead of the data files entry. I'm not on a windows machine
>>>right now, so I can't give you the reg key, but do a search for
>>
>>The only path I can find is the one pinting to the executable, and
>>that one I know I shouldn't change, or the mailer won't work at
>
>Not so. Mine shows:
>
>HKey_Current_User/Software/BluePrintSoftwareWorks/PMMail/
>
>ShellDirectory:REG_SZ: z:\email\data

My mistake. I assumed all (friday afternnon, what can I say...? 8-)
software went under HKLM/Software.

>set this key to your data directory, just like mine is. Make
>sure that PMMail is your default mailer, set under:
>
>Control Panel --> Internet Properties --> Programs --> E-mail
>--> PMMail 2000

Chekced. I now works!

>This does work Sorin, on NT4 and 2000, but don't try it now, get
>out and enjoy the sun while it lasts otherwise I might have to
>think that you are a 08 instead of from Uppsala <bg>.

Huh?? How do you know about the area codes? I had the impression
you were an english? You're not a swedish lurker, are you? 8-)
Anyway, if you know swedes, they save it all for the five holy
weeks called "vacation". 8-) As a sysadmin in sweden, I'm supposed
to be available at all times... 8*)

>PS. Any chance of trimming your sig. a bit for the list? Between
>your sig. and Hazen's vast quotes, the digest becomes something
>of a chore trying to pick the messages out from between the
>stuff that we've all seen before!

Well. Iäll see what I can do. The info is mandated by the dept, so
I'm not sure how much I can remove, before "breaking the rules".
8-)

BW,

               Sorin

# Sorin Srbu, Systems Engineer
# Department of Medical Chemistry,
# Division of Organic Pharmaceutical Chemistry,
# BMC, Box 574, Uppsala University
# SE-751 23 Uppsala, Sweden
#
# Email: sorin.srbu@orgfarm.uu.se
# Web: http://www.farmaci.uu.se
# Phone: +46-18-471-4482 >> 5 signals >> GSM
# Cell Phone: +46-701-718023
# Fax: +46-18-471-4474
# Visit: BMC, Husargatan 3, D5:512b
#