[pmmail-list] OS/2 Beta Fix

Rod... Whitworth pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 20:36:15 +1000

On Fri, 14 Jun 2002 10:37:30 +0100, Paul Hodges wrote:

>On Fri, 14 Jun 2002 13:29:50 +1000, Rod... Whitworth wrote:
>
>>  An OS/2 executable on XP? How adventurous!
>
>Indeed.  I have here a complete OS/2 development system that installs
>and runs on Windows XP.  It's the old JPI (VIO-based) system that has

Hey, I knew that. Even how to do the pinball thing on NT4 for HPFS
support and family mode compiles to do DOS and OS/2 compatible exes in
one go and even how to do the compile for win and OS/2 and then bundle
the 2 together and let it sort out which OS it was on...I was an IBM
OS/2 instructor. Getting a bit rusty now but there are still traces
left in my BSD infected brain.

In my haste to reply quickly I omitted to say "OS/2 32 bit executable"
but it takes another troglodite from my era to know about that anyway
;) and most people running XP wouldn't have realised the significance.

>Remember that NT was going to be a "multi-personality" OS at one
>time, and still had a (16-bit) PM personality as an alternative to
>the Windows personality right up to the last minute before its
>initial release.  This PM module was available for purchase for a
>time subsequently, though I think never openly admitted to!

Well the 16 bit OS/2 VIO support stayed in NT for a long time didn't
it?
I think it missed 2K though. Didn't look.

>From the land "down under": Australia.
Do we look <umop apisdn> from up over?