[pmmail-list] Canned Message Replies

J Seder pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 08:07:35 +0000

>Also, can you do a canned reply with a specified attachment.
>In particular I am looking to have an automated responce to a
>CGI script that sends in a requesting email.

Automated responses are very dangerous - they may go to the wrong
people, or start loop behavior if two people have automated responses
or if the response goes to you - which is why so few people use them,
and why those who do often have  unsatisfactory results.

Having said that, I have a filter (which I run manually) which uses a
"User hook (foreground)" to create an outgoing message file which
includes the received message with a canned reply, and then sends the
new message file using PMMSEND under OS/2 or a separate third party
program (mailsend) under Windows.

I can send you the external filter (it's in Rexx) if you're really
interested.