[pmmail-list] Header parse error

Boris Kirkorowicz pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 19 Jun 2002 08:21:24 +0200 (MSZ)

On Wed, 19 Jun 2002 02:01:57 +0200 (MES), L.Willms wrote:

>  In REXX, instead of CHAROUT, call LINEOUT; this creates a proper line
>termination.

I tried CHAROUT because line termination seemed to fail, so my thought
was that I possibly had to use the UNIX style (0A instead og 0D0A). But
both variations had the same result. Even echo [...]>>file did not make
a difference, and this is the way it works normally (I know it for
sure).

>  And don't forget the empty line separating the header and the body.

Of course there was an empty line. The funny thing I saw was that in a
file with an (second) empty line in the mail body was recognised as
separator.

I really think that there is a bug in PMMail. All other progs,
including sendmail and the Exchange mail server could parse it
correctly. Proof: the mail was delivered to the right receipient. The
only failure is that PMMail is not able to read the mail header
correctly. So it does not show the sender, receipient, subject, date
and body, just an empty mail. But if I show the full header or full
mail (pressing [Ctrl]+V resp. [Alt]+V) I can see the complete message
incl. header, all in one line. Outlook, Netscape, Mozilla don't do
this: they display the message correctly, with right From: To: Subject:
Date: etc. entries.

So there might be two ways to solve this: creating a file that PMMail
recognizes the way it has to, or improving PMMail to process these
mails. I don't know how to do the first one (although I tried it for
many hours), and I cannot do the second one. So I hope that the authors
of PMMail could either tell me how to create a "PMMail-compatible" ;-)
mail file or fix PMMail.

Gruß                              Greetings
          Boris Kirkorowicz