[pmmail-list] Fetching large mail

Steve Barber pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 28 Jun 2002 12:17:43 -0400

On Fri, 28 Jun 2002 08:51:27 -0400, Andrew Webber wrote:

>On Fri, 28 Jun 2002 00:55:44 -0400, Steve Barber wrote:
>
>>Since it's never happened on my home machine, it could
>>be something that's been fixed in 2475.  Or it could
>>be something related to the laptop (which has a slower
>>modem than the desktop).
>
>You don't mention, but are you "leaving on server" on the desktop
>(you are, on the notebook).  I'd look at that as a possible cause.

Sorry, I only "leave on server" when using the laptop ... that way,
my desktop always gets the mail so all my archive folders will have a
complete record.

That's one of the reasons I mentioned my similar problem ... since
mine seems to clear up if I dump the spam using webmail access
offered by my attglobal.net ISP, it may be a clue that it's not
necessarily large messages but something else unusual about the
message or attachment that's causing the problem.

It's also possible that it's somehow related to the "leave on server"
status or to the PMMAIL version difference since it's never happened
on my desktop.

Hope those clues help someone figure out what's up.

>Not sure what you can do about it though, although my solution has
>been to pull everything down to the notebook when I'm travelling,
>then push the downloaded emails onto the desktop using Vice-Versa
>when I get home, since I have to sync the two machines anyway.

I'm not familiar with Vice-Versa, and just thought it would be easier
to use the "leave on server" while travelling with laptop to assure
my desktop stays in synch.

SteveB

>andrew [awebber@wwwebbers.com]

Steve Barber