[pmmail-list] Norton AntiVirus 2002

Wayne Dunham pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 16 Mar 2002 12:57:46 -0500

On Sat, 16 Mar 2002 10:53:13 -0500, Sue & Jim Turner wrote:

>The setup given for AV 2001 doesn't work with 2002. Is there a way to do this, or can I do email
>protection any more?
>PMMAIL 2000 2475-- Win 98

  Working fine here.  I wasn't sure that incoming was working, but it
does show up in the taskbar.  Outgoing pops up an annoying little
window showing the send progress through Norton AV.

scanning in Norton AV and it "should" work.  At least it did here, note
that PmMail is my default Email.  I'm not sure if that makes a
difference or not.

  I'm also not sure if the type of account matters.  My mail goes
through a regular pop address (pop.rcn.com) and receive goes through
their smtp (smtp.rcn.com) address.

  I didn't think it was working either, and couldn't find any
instructions on how to manually configure a client in the NAV help
files.  As soon as I went back to setting my send and receive addresses
back to normal it started working.

     Wayne Dunham
     waynedunham@email.com