[pmmail-list] OS/2 PMMail issues

PMMail OS/2 Support pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 17 Mar 2002 08:18:56 -0400

On Sun, 17 Mar 2002 05:22:01 -0500 (EST), Gregory L. Marx wrote:

>They probably have some other type of arrangement ...
>Like ... Peter rewrites it for free ... Then BSW markets it ... but Peter gets half of the profits ...
>
>Just guessing ...

Peter is a paid employee of BSW. Right now he is slowly rewriting
small parts of PMMail for Windows. He is also fixing what bugs he can
in PMMail. However, right now, there are other more urgent business
issues for him to work on at BSW so they are his primary occupation.
Later, after the aforementioned pressing issues are under control, he
will work more steadily on rewriting PMMail. To say BSW pays Peter
zero to work on PMMail is misleading and/or misinformed.

Peter presumably works on PMView in his "spare time". This is because
PMView is his property and "spare time" is what self-employed people
use to run their businesses. BSW does not pay Peter to work on
PMView.

This is my understanding of the situation.

--
Trevor Smith
PMMail/2 Technical Support