[pmmail-list] PMMail OS/2 UPDATE

Brandon King pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 18:51:42 -0500

List,

I wanted to hopefully clarify the situation with PMMail/2 and BSW's intentions. Peter's current 'goals' include completing the update of the source code of
PMMail 2000 from C to C++, this will allow him to use his chosen cross-platform software, wxWindows, to port PMMail to Linux and Mac. The development
of this software (see www.wxwindows.org) is working towards allowing a port to OS/2 in the future as well.

Please understand that my statement as to future updates was misinformed. I caught Peter in a rush in the office and the impression he gave me was no
more updates. I apologize for this misscommunication. After a more in depth conversation last Friday, I can now say that indirectly, Peter is planning for the
future of PMMail/2. What he is working on now will make upgrades much easier, across platforms.

As of this morning, Peter has decided to add ESMTP support to the OS/2 version of PMMail. He began work on it today and gave me an estimate of a few
days. So, hopefully by the end of this week, we will be able to offer ESMTP support on OS/2.
UPDATE: Peter submitted a version to Trevor late this afternoon and he has successfully sent using an ESMTP server. Unless I hear from him again by
tomorrow afternoon about any other problems, I will make this available on the website. I will announce to the list when I do post it for download.

 Please do continue to post your questions and concerns, we do value your feedback. BSW will continue to provide technical support for all versions of
PMMail in the foreseeable future. We are in no way abandoning this software.

Thank you,
Brandon

Brandon King
Wilmington, NC