[pmmail-list] PMMail 2000 News

Brandon T. King pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 16:12:54 -0500

03/22/2002

Hello Everyone,

There a few small updates to the PMMail 2000 FAQ page on the website for filters and mailto: links in Netscape and Mozilla.

Also, I had mentioned that I would post a list of current issues with the latest release. There are a lot of general issues that fall into the feature addition or
enhancement category that may not be included here, this is intended to be a list of bugs that are new or ongoing. This is the same list that I forwarded to
the programmer earlier this week.

=== CRASH - from any location 'Add Sender to Group', cancel the resulting window, PMMail crashes (also reported when using add sender to address
book)

=== NO FUNCTION - select 'Bounce' from RMB pop-up menu, try to add name from address book, nothing happens (works fine with most recently used list
and mail to whole book)

=== ADDRESS BOOK/GROUPS - add an address that is already in your address book to a group, then add that group to the TO: field, the actual address
is not added in the brackets, it uses the alias

=== ADDRESS BOOK/FILTER (STANDARD VERSION ONLY) - set a filter for  h.toid="$ab.any address book name$" | h.fromid="$ab.any address book
name$" and have the filter move the message to a specific folder (test filter acted on Outgoing(Pre-send) move to Drafts folder). Now, add more than one
address from the specified address book to an email, and the filter does not work. Reproduced on Standard version only, works fine in Professional.

=== MIGRATION - Eudora 5.1 doesn't work. This has been narrowed down to the messages in Eudora not being read properly by PMMail, if you select
everything but the messages from the list of things to migrate, it works fine, select only the messages, it crashes PMMail. Migration still works for previous
versions of Eudora.

Again, this is not a comprehensive list of all reported issues, just a basic list of identified bugs that have been reproduced. This list needs to start somewhere,
so I will post the same issues that I send to the programmer. There may be system specific scenarios that are not listed, this does not mean that we are not
aware of them and working on them. Please take this as a weekly update as to what we are currently working on, not as an all encompassing bug list for
PMMail. Also keep in mind that the programmer is bringing updated code to me on a regular basis that is continuously being tested for release.

Thanks,
Brandon King

Brandon T. King
jimmym@blueprintsoftwareworks.com