[pmmail-list] PmMail/2 problem behind Dlink 804 router/firewall

Robert Traynor (BobT) pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 01 May 2002 20:01:55 +1000 (EST)

Sorry to answer my own email, but additional info has just surfaced.

It seems that the email does in fact get sent, it just takes a
veeeery looong time to send.
About 5 minutes at last test, worst was about 7 minutes.

I have also double checked sending from another eCS installation on
another partition and it does much the same as the first os/2 (eCS)
I emailed about.

Desperate.
BobT.

On Wed, 01 May 2002 18:42:23 +1000, Robert Traynor  (BobT) wrote:
> Hi,
> I have just installed a Dlink 804 router/firewall and have configured it
> from wn98se with IE6.  All is working in all operating systems EXCEPT
> PmMail/2 in oS/2 will not send mail.  It will receive mail but not send mail.
>
> The same settings in Windows PmMail (win98se and win2000) work fine.
> The same settings for SMTP in windows work but not in Os/2.
> So the SMTP mail server settings must be ok and the default port number 25
> should also be ok.
>
> "Server Requires Authentication" is off.
> "Quick Interrogation" is off.
>
> Can anyone suggest a reason &/or cure.?
>
> Regards,
> Robert Traynor (BobT)

   ,-._|\       Robert Traynor        (BobT)
 /  Oz  \      email            rtraynor@netstra.com.au
 \_,--.x/