[pmmail-list] Global filters

Andreas Ludwig pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 05 May 2002 10:00:42 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 04 May 2002 22:15:31 +0200 (CEST), Peter Jespersen wrote:

>How about the possibility of making global filters, by that I
>mean the ability to filter letters in one account and
>moving/transfering them to other accounts.
>It will be most helpfully, when receiving letters on severel
>accounts.

THIS is a LOOOOOONG time feature request, but nothing happend yet
AFAIK. And as you can file messages manually to another account, it
shouldn't be hard to implement I guess.

Someone in the mean time suggested to filter messages into a special
directory and poll via SMTP (receive tab of the other account) from
this local folder. Well, this might help you somehow, but I couldn't
really use it in an easy fashion and drag and drop those few messages
that came to the 'wrong' account manually...

>Or the ability to fetch mail from more than one POP3 server,
>into one single account....

Well, that's not that good an idea. IMHO M$ outlook does it and then
you end up answering with different email addresses and people get
confused...

Best regards

Andreas

--

Andreas Ludwig
from the beautiful town of Vienna (Austria)