[pmmail-list] Feature suggestion: remote client control

J Seder pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 11 May 2002 09:50:17 +0000

A feature that would really distinguish PMMail would be remote client
control.  I leave my computer on all the time.  Sometimes, when I am
away, I would very much like to reconfigure PMMail.

For one example, I would really like to be able to send PMMail an
e-mail which would turn on "Leave messages on server."

I would also like to perform actions like:
  	enable filter "out-of-office"
  	restart PMMail (or refresh configuration, or reset, or
something like that)

This could perhaps be achieved by enhancing the Filter "Actions" panel.

It would also be nice if PMMail kept some statistics, and could provide
those statistics via e-mail.  If I happen to see the status bar during
a mail fetch cycle, I sometimes see my spam filters remove dozens of
messages.  I wonder what the actual cumulative number is...

Thanks.