[pmmail-list] Installing new version on top of old

Brandon King pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 14 May 2002 01:12:45 -0400

On Mon, 13 May 2002 23:37:39 -0400, Ronny Hippler wrote:

>I was wondering if when installing a new version of pmm does it overwrite the
>address book? I always go through the custom option and uncheck it. Was
>wondering if it was safe not to?

This shouldn't cause you any problems, but if you experience problems,
I would recommend running the 'Typical' install. The address book got a
few fixes in 2502, so you may want to consider updating it this time.
Any testing we do, and any claims of functionality are based on
the 'Typical' installation option which updates all files during the
installation. As always, a recent backup of your information is
recommended in any case.

Brandon King
PMMail 2000 Technical Support
support@blueprintsoftwareworks.com