[pmmail-list] Using both OS/2 and Win2K

Chris Ayers pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 14 May 2002 19:00:28 -0700 (PDT)

Hazen,

I can tell you what I did before and worked and what I am doing now
that works for your situation.  When I had a system that had both
Windows ME and OS/2 on it I had one partition for data that was FAT16.
That could be shared by both.  I believe Win2K will also read FAT16.
You could set up a small FAT16 partition for shared data and use that.

What I am doing now is I have a home network setup.  I keep all my data
on a networked drive.  It is stored in HPFS.  I have no problems
accessing it from either the Windows computer or the OS/2 computer.
(The networked drive is on an old box that got resurected for just this
situation.  My only cost was the NIC.  I already use a KVM switch for
the Win2K and OS/2 boxes.)

For OS/2's PMMail icon, under "Properties" "Working Directory" put the
path of the directory where you have your mailbox.  For Win2K's PMMail
icon, under "Properties" "Target" add the full path and file name of
your PMMail data file.  That should work.  I have not as yet loaded
PMMail on my Win2K box although I do have both licenses.

HTH,
Chris