[pmmail-list] Bug in 2.20.2502

J Seder pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 24 May 2002 07:09:32 +0000

>the bug of folder moving with filters still exists in 2.2.0.2502

You can probably fix this by editing FOLDER.INI in the affected
folders.  The problem is that the folder "number" (used only in
filters) is set to 1000 when you move a folder (or inadvertently adjust
its position!).

Shut down PMMail and edit FOLDER.INI (with Notepad, perhaps).  You will
see that the first field in the FOLDER.INI record contains "1000".  You
must change this to a unique number within the account.  That is, you
can make Inbox 1001, Trash 1002, Myfolder 1003, etc.  The order of the
numbers doesn't matter.  You should avoid numbers <200 and >32000 (used
by PMMail).  Now you can restart PMMail and fix your filter.

On Fri, 24 May 2002 13:33:53 +0200 (MES), Willms-EDV Technik wrote:
>   Have you closed down and restarted PMMail after moving the folders? I had
>to do it twice before PMMail would recocnize the new location of the folder (I
>moved folders and filters between accounts).

This doesn't affect the bad numbers PMMail has put into the FOLDER.INI
file.

>   PMMail builds an index of folders with their directories and their ID
>numbers on startup and does not record any change you do to this
>outside of PMMail.

But PMMail does store a number in FOLDER.INI which is used in the
filter file to identify folders.