[pmmail-list] lost track mail files

Rod... Whitworth pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 29 May 2002 12:08:16 +1000

On Wed, 29 May 2002 03:55:04 +0200 (MSZ), Boris Kirkorowicz wrote:

>Hi,
>some of us encountered the lost track problem that occurs occasionally.
>I found that it only occurs when fetching many mails from different
>sources (mail providers...) synchronously. My thought is that the
>reason could be that the routine that sets the name of the .MSG file
>might be invoked twice at /exactly/ the same time that leads to some
>confusion that causes the track loss. What do you think about that?

 I have 25 active accounts that are all polled regularly. No problems.
Same on OS/2 before I moved to Win2K.
There are large volumes of mail on several accounts and all poll on
startup. I sometimes shut down PMM overnight to clear the trash and
restart in the morning doesn't fail when all the mail is arriving
together.

I don't know if that helps but it is a datum point.

>From the land "down under": Australia.
Do we look <umop apisdn> from up over?