[pmmail-list] PMMail and Content-Type:: HTML

Willms-EDV Technik pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 29 May 2002 12:02:21 +0200 (MES)

On Wed, 29 May 2002 10:06:29 +0200, xavier caballe wrote:

>Of course, you have to take some security
>considerations when adding this support, but you can easily forget about
>most of the security and privacy issues just no accessing any external
>data such are images and backgrounds.

  This is the level of HTML-Support I would like to have in PMMail - do not
follow any links (href= or img= ); for those who want to see this -- select
the "view in Browser" menu item.

  Also, for most HTML-messages, they are of
  and the handling of alternate body parts is not treated well in PMMail.
PMMail treats everything which is not the first bodypart as an attachment, but
quite often it is not an attachment, but an alternate form of one and the same
content, it might also be a different translation of the actual message (one
alternate part being in English, another one being in French, Spanish or
Catalan...).

   To enable the choice between the alternate HTML and plain text versions of
a message in a multipart/alternate, PMMail should solve the general problem of
offering a choice for such alternate parts.

Yours,
Lüko Willms