[pmmail-list] HTML mail again (was: PMMail 2000 Update)

Steve Wendt pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 29 May 2002 23:27:26 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 29 May 2002 09:39:14 -0700 (PDT), Dave Hathaway wrote:

> I admit I like being able to bold and italicize my points in
>corporate workgroup settings.  I like to be able to create inline

The way Mozilla (and other Unix mailers before that) does this is awesome.
Messages are plaintext, but *bold*, _underline_, /italics/, exponents^2, smilies, and
things like that are all displayed formatted.  Quoted parts of messages can be
colored with whatever color you want.  Everyone can read it, since it is plaintext,
but it has smart formatting for smart clients.

I think such a feature would be much more useful than HTML support.

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly,
while bad people will find a way around the laws."
     - Plato (427-347 B.C.)