[pmmail-list] PMMail 2000 Update

Richard Grevers pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 30 May 2002 18:37:13 +1200

On Thu, 30 May 2002 08:16:46 +0200, Sorin Srbu wrote:

>On Wed, 29 May 2002 21:26:22 -0500, Kari Suomela wrote:
>
>> MR> I have only one problem with html, will it make pm mail as
>> MR> vonerable
>> MR> to virus attacks as outlook express is?
>>
>>I believe this is, at least partially, an unfounded statement.
>>
>>Every virus I have seen on an Outlook Express machine, has been let in
>>by the user not having an up-to-date virus program, or opening a dumb
>>attachment from an unknown source. But, of course, I haven't seen
>>everything that's out there. ;)
>
>Security threats aside, is it still valid to not to like html in
>mails anyway? And think that it only belongs on webpages? 8-)

It certainly is. I find it much harder to read a block of text when
some of the words are leaping out at you and distracting the eye from
your current scanning point.

Plus, have you noticed that a large number of mail clients insert no
quote delimiters when replying to HTML mail, which make discussions of
any length impossible.

--
This mail is a natural product.  The slight variations in spelling and
grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.