[pmmail-list] PMMail 2000 Update

Brian Morrison pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 30 May 2002 09:52:06 +0100

On Thu, 30 May 2002 08:16:46 +0200, Sorin Srbu wrote:

>Security threats aside, is it still valid to not to like html in
>mails anyway? And think that it only belongs on webpages? 8-)

It's dead simple, there is no RFC covering html mail display and
rendering, hence it isn't a standard. I simply work on the basis that
for my own mail I'll do what I like, for work mail I have to do what
I'm told. Since I loathe html mail (and spam, which most of it is) with
a burning passion I'll do anything I have to do to ensure I either
bounce it before it's delivered or remove all formatting and see it as
plain text.

If PMMail insists on displaying it without giving me the ability to
turn it off, I'll stop using the Windows version and use something that
will.

--
Brian Morrison                                       bdm@fenrir.org.uk
              do you know how far this has gone?