[pmmail-list] HTML mail again (was: PMMail 2000 Update)

Robert Gammon pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 30 May 2002 09:04:34 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 30 May 2002 14:43:24 +0100, Brian Morrison wrote:

>On Thu, 30 May 2002 10:29:11 -0300, PMMail OS/2 Support wrote:
>
>>2. It appears that most of the people asking for "HTML support"
in
>>PMMail are really asking for the ability to view mark-up
produced by
>>some other client. I don't recall seeing many people saying "I
really
>>want/need to *send* marked up text." Does anyone else remember
>>differently?
>
>Pretty sure you're right Trevor, most PMMail users are too
cultured to
>send html email, they just have to suffer it from those that
know no
>better....

I work for H&R Block and for the past couple of years, we have
been asking clients for their e-mail address.  This generates
about 2 or three e-mails to the client per year.  This season,
they showed us a sample of the e-mail that will be sent.  Guess
what, its a web page.  When I objected to the sending of HTML, I
was told to shut up, my views do not represent those of the
majority.

Whats even worse, at least for me, is that Outlook Express is the
mandated tool for my broker to use, he has no other choice.
Whenever s/he needs to send me an attchment (.pdf usually), it is
IMPOSSIBLE for PMMail/2 to decode the mail. Fortunately, the
broker is only a few miles away, so I can drop in an pick up a
copy on a floppy disk.  If the support team wants a sample, I'll
be happy to provide, buyt I suspect they have LOTS of sources for
this.

Robert