[pmmail-list] HTML mail again (was: PMMail 2000 Update)

David M. Nelson pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 30 May 2002 08:54:07 -0700

On Wed, 29 May 2002 23:27:26 -0700 (PDT), Steve Wendt wrote:

>The way Mozilla (and other Unix mailers before that) does this is awesome.
>Messages are plaintext, but *bold*, _underline_, /italics/, exponents^2, smilies, and
>things like that are all displayed formatted.  Quoted parts of messages can be
>colored with whatever color you want.  Everyone can read it, since it is plaintext,
>but it has smart formatting for smart clients.
>
>I think such a feature would be much more useful than HTML support.

The Mac OS-X mail application does the same. It *is* a nice feature,
though perhaps a separate issue from a switch in the software to view
plain-text rather than HTML. I'd opt for the latter before asking for
the former.

David M. Nelson