[pmmail-list] HTML EMail was in Digest (05/30/2002 09:01) (#2002-235)

Sorin Srbu pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 31 May 2002 08:46:45 +0200

On Fri, 31 May 2002 09:55:30 +1000 (EST), John Angelico wrote:

>>(Darn that new-fangled aych-tee-emm-ell mail! In *my* day we didn't
>>*have* colored text. It was just ten little green dots on the screen
>>and you had to memorize the different combinations that made up each
>>letter. And only one letter was visible at a time, so you had to
>>memorize every one until the whole message was displayed, and if you
>>forgot...well that was *TOO BAD* because you couldn't reverse once it
>>had passed as the computer only had 2K of memory. And that's the way it
>>was and WE LIKED IT!!)
>
>Hey, man, some of us old fogies remember fountain pens, and those
>typewriter thingies were creating a noise hazard in the "typing pools"!

Haven't seen a typewriter in years. 8-) I think my parents have a
one though. Must ask them. Perhaps it networkable. 8-)

BW,

               Sorin

# Sorin Srbu, Systems Engineer
# Department of Medical Chemistry,
# Division of Organic Pharmaceutical Chemistry,
# BMC, Box 574, Uppsala University
# SE-751 23 Uppsala, Sweden
#
# Email: sorin.srbu@orgfarm.uu.se
# Web: http://www.farmaci.uu.se
# Phone: +46-18-471-4482 >> 5 signals >> GSM
# Cell Phone: +46-701-718023
# Fax: +46-18-471-4474
# Visit: BMC, Husargatan 3, D5:512b
#