[pmmail-list] HTML formatting in PMMail

Richard Grevers pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 29 Nov 2002 13:51:24 +1300

On Thu, 28 Nov 2002 21:58:27 +0000 (GMT), Paul Ratcliffe wrote:

>On Thu, 28 Nov 2002 15:42:40 -0500 (EST), Walter Metcalf wrote:
>
>>However, I WOULD like to be able to read some of the messages I
>>receive which contain HTML, without having turn myself inside out...
>>
>>So I would like to see HTML added as an optional feature to PMMail
>(for
>>receiving only would suit me fine) so that we the customers could
>choose we
>>want.
>
>So, "Window", "View message In Web Browser" is what counts as turning
>yourself inside out is it?

No, but that is somethin I would never do, since your web browser
has no idea that the loacal html file you ask it to open was
received by email and that it should not run any scripts in the page nor
send http: requests to download any images which are not embedded (web bugs).
Using PMMail but viewing HTML emails in your web browser makes you almost
as vulnerable as using Outlook. (Not quite, because you won't have data in
exploitable address books).

--
If at first you don't succeed skydiving is not for you.