[pmmail-list] HTML formatting

John Thompson pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 30 Nov 2002 07:48:26 -0600

On Fri, 29 Nov 2002 18:46:28 +0100
"Paul D.J. de Vos" <vbvos@attglobal.net> wrote:

> This thread has been going on for so long that I
> can't remember whether BSW ever answered the only
> question which is really to the point in my view:
>
> Are there any RISKS involved in having PMMAIL
> display HTML messages?

IIRC, the Windows version of PMMAIL uses IE's rendering engine so the
risks involved in displaying HTML mail would be dependent on the risks
inherent in whatever version of IE you happen to have installed.

In OS/2 I believe the major technical issue is that BSW would have to
create their own rendering engine for HTML, a fairly major operation for
a rather small market.

--

-John (John.Thompson@attglobal.net)