[pmmail-list] Re-indexing problem

Tim Roberts pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 01 Oct 2002 10:50:59 -0700

Since today is the first of the month, I have once again encountered a bug that
started showing up after I upgraded to 2.20.2502.

I have my own e-mail archiving scheme, which I have been using once a month for
approximately 100 years (I have 800MB of archived e-mail...).  I have a Python
script that traverses selected directories in my PMMail tree, collects all the
messages older than the current month into a single file, and stores that file
in a spot on our main file server, then deletes the original messages.

After doing this, I go into PMMail and do Tools -> Re-Index -> Account.  This
has always worked beautifully, until I went to 2520.  Now, only 8 of the 14
folders I archive actually get reindexed.  The other four still show the old
messages, although (naturally) the preview gives an error about the file being
missing.  The FOLDER.BAG files in these directories were not touched.

I cannot figure out any pattern between the folders it does re-index and the
folders it skips.  It's not a date thing, it's not a volume thing, it's not a
naming thing.  It is, however, annoying.

I believe I reported this previously, but since it comes up once a month, I'll
probably keep bringing it up.

--
- Tim Roberts, timr@probo.com
  Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.