[pmmail-list] External Editor

L.Willms pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 13 Oct 2002 17:15:53 +0200 (MES)

On Sun, 13 Oct 2002 16:36:39 +0200, Bjoern Sjut wrote:

> The error message is: "file///C:/Kommunikation/PMMail/TEMP/EXT.BOD wasn't
found
> . Please ensure that the path/ Internet address is correct."

  And which files with which content are you actually finding in PMMail's TEMP
directory?

  When you look in there, it probably was found, but could not be opened since
the previous account used the same filename, and the second one could not
overwrite it. Maybe.

  In this version of PMMail/2, the TEMP.BOD is being overwritten... a risky
procedure: what happens, when I select "revert to previous version" in the
external editor (which is Papyrus Word in my case)?

   I tried it out with this your message: opened the message received with
ALT-X in the external editor, which showed "TEMP.BOD" als the filename.

   Selected the phrases in the actual message window and hit CTRL-R to create
a reply, again hit ALT-X to open the external editor (Papyrus) for the reply.
Then I went back to the Papyrus window and selected "Revert to previous
version", and bang! the "previous version" was the quote from the message I
had included in the reply.

Yours,
Lüko Willms