[pmmail-list] Filter question

L.Willms pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 00:18:17 +0200 (MES)

On Tue, 15 Oct 2002 15:03:16 -0500, quaero@myrealbox.com wrote:

> I must be missing something but how does one get a REXX script to work
> under Windows?

   You would have to install a REXX interpreter, e.g. Regina, which is free,
or IBM's Object REXX for Windows, which has to be paid, but of which you can
download a demonstration version.

   It might be easier to use Windows scripting with the Windows scripting
host, in Visual Basic Script, or JScript.

   But, as

On Tue, 15 Oct 2002 14:20:11 -0700, Tim Roberts wrote:

> One could write a script in VBScript or Javascript and use wscript to
execute
> it, I suppose, but it seems like a lot of trouble for something that's going
> sound bad no matter what you do.

  ... and I even doubt that something so mundane as the system speaker can be
accessed in VB Script...

Yours,
Lüko Willms