[pmmail-list] Filter question

L.Willms pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 08:33:02 +0200 (MES)

On Wed, 16 Oct 2002 16:53:01 +0200, Norbert Schmidt wrote:

> How about implementing a "windows scripting host" in PMMail?

   Or a REXX interface, at least for the OS/2 version. ZOC provides REXX
scripting of ZOC functions both for the OS/2 and Windows versions. ZOC
licenced some Windows REXX engine for this.

> Then scripts written in VBScript, JScript (or PerlScript for me;-))
> could be used directly without the detour of using "wscript" to execute
> it. More important: There could be some interfaces to internal
> functions and data of PMMail.

   Sure, Windows Scripting is what Microsoft is pushing, just to keep their
monopolist position, but it would also be much more accessible than REXX, I
presume.

Yours,
Lüko Willms