[pmmail-list] Change of DDE behaviour in recent betas?

Richard Grevers pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 04 Sep 2002 23:40:32 +1200

I use Opera as my default browser and have it
configured to open external links in new windows
where possible (it saves having to check whether
the topmost window in the browser is an important
one that you don't want replaced).
However over time I've discovered that some programs
(ICQ is one) send DDE commands which are "hard-wired"
to open links in an existing window regardless of the
setting in Opera.
While PMMail was always well-behaved in the past, it
recently (since around 2577??) seems to be exhibiting
the undesirable "use an existing window" behaviour.

If Peter has changed something inadvertently, is there
a chance of reverting the behaviour?

P.S. I received a steady flow of messages up to the 2nd
and then one today (sept 4th in my part of the world)
Yet when I tried to post this, the daemon said I wasn't
a list member. Have just resubscribed and hoping like
hell I'm not going to start getting the list in stereo!

--
This mail is a natural product.  The slight variations in spelling and
grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.