[pmmail-list] "Dropbox" and suggestion

PMMail 2000 Support pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 05 Sep 2002 17:43:07 -0400

On Thu, 05 Sep 2002 22:01:22 +0100, Xav wrote:

>Strangley, in Win PMMail, they appear as "null" in the subject and sender,

While I don't argue with Tim that PMMail needs work with the MIME
engine, it is quite possible that the anti-virus software is stripping
the entire message, as Norton AV has done with several variations of
KLEZ and other viruses here, leaving a 'shell' of the message. What A-V
software are you using on your Windows box, Xav?

>Why can't I delte these bl***y messages using a windows file manager ?

A possibility here is that the AV software has quarantined the file or
the virus itself is causing this problem.

>some go straight to "Dropbox" - what is this hidden folder ?

I have not done my own research into this folder to find the exact
uses, but it was explained to me that this folder was used for
filtering messages and a temp folder for messages with large
attachments. I will need to look at this and discuss it with Peter
before I try to explain it fully, my limited understanding of the
folder is that it is used in filtering mainly. I am sure there is
someone here who is probably ahead of me on this one (shame on me!),
but I will get a full explanation as soon as possible from Peter.

>would it be possible to use remote control with the option of highlighting and deleting a particular message without having to wait for this to be done as part of the general message transfer ?

If you are talking about automating it so that messages you are going
to be filtering for deletion never actually make it onto your machine,
then yes we are looking at this and other filtering options for the
Remote Control feature. Of course, this isn't until the next version,
but you can do this manually with the current version simply by
hi-lighting the message and marking it for deletion before you fetch.

Thanks,

Brandon King, PMMail 2000 Technical Support
support@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
http://www.pmmail2000.com